The concrete objectives that we would like to achieve in the Green Mystery Guest project are:
- increase the skills of the mystery guests by integrating the aspects of sustainability in the tourism sector into their assessments
- foster greater awareness of the role of sustainability in building corporate social reputation and customer satisfaction in order to promote the green transition in the tourism sector
These objectives will be achieved through a series of activities and project results aimed at facilitating the green transition. In particular, during the project, the partners involved will produce the following results:
- Checklist of Sustainability Indicators for hospitality structures. A tool that aims to identify the elements to consider for an assessment of the sustainability elements of accommodation facilities in order to propose an integration of the sustainability elements in the quality assessments formulated by mystery guests, but also as an agile internal tool for accommodation facilities and for training centers operating in the tourism sector.
- An Online Course of 3 modules that aims to train mystery guests, quality inspectors and managers in general and the workforce operating in the tourism sector to carry out internal screening based on variables related to the sustainability of accommodation facilities and the adherence to the checklist of sustainability indicators. The course will be based on a micro-credential based competency model
- Recommendations for policy makers in the tourism, ecological transition and education sectors. A strategic document that encourages decision makers and local authorities and policy makers at regional, national and European level to foster the green transition in the tourism sector and for entities involved in the evaluation of accommodation facilities.
The project objectives are connected to the priorities indicated as they are directly linked to the encouragement of good practices for the sustainability of accommodation facilities and the development of digital tools for the training of hotel staff. Through the production of project results we will facilitate accommodation facilities, training centers operating in tourism and tourism operators to adopt internal guidelines for sustainability. Tourism quality inspectors and incognito guests will also have a flexible learning mode based on distance learning, accessible for everyone at any time via the official project website via the Online Course. Furthermore, through the promotion of training tools aimed at developing green skills, we will help the target groups to meet the new market needs that require a